Thursday, February 25, 2010

One hundred years of solitude

One hundred years of solitude...
While the reviews from everyone are so damn good, I was tempted to read the book. I gave in to my temptation and started reading this book again (the first time I had left it after reading around 30 odd pages...). One more reason for starting this book was that I had nothing else to read...
And god help me, it is such a disaster... literally a disaster...
I wonder how can people write such depressing stories... the end could have been with the family flourishing and the town becoming more famous... but...
I wonder why the author did not find different names for the characters... All through the story, the names appear and reappear and finally you wonder whose kid is this!!!

Finally, a no no from me if you are planning to read...
Next that I would pick up is "The lost symbol" and "A thousand splendid suns"

ENJOy...
-JC

2 Comments:

Blogger VJ the PsychO said...

oye JC - you toh ekdum mast blogger

By the way read splendid before symbol :)

Wed Mar 03, 02:41:00 PM 2010  
Blogger JC said...

Kya sahab... Blogging toh aap se hee sikha hai starting mein 4yrs back...
I had read the kite runner before this one. So i thought I'll read something diff like symbol and then maybe splendid... However, i have none in my hand rite now. So, whichever i get i'll start... But while i am buying, I'll remember ur advice...

Wed Mar 03, 09:02:00 PM 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home